Finding a recovery center can be a daunting task if you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction. There are many things to consider and many different factors to consider. However, if you want to get the best possible treatment and reach your full potential in recovery, it’s essential that you take the time needed to choose the right program for your situation.
1. Find a place where you feel comfortable
It’s crucial to find a recovery center that is comfortable for you. After all, the treatment facility will be a part of your life for the next few months and possibly longer. You want to feel at home there, whether because of how friendly the staff is or how easy it is to get food from their kitchen. If a place feels uncomfortable or unwelcoming, there’s no way you’ll ever stick around long enough to recover properly. It also helps if your family feels comfortable with this recovery center. While they shouldn’t be involved in all aspects of what goes on during your stay unless the center is directly paying them, they should have some say over where they send their loved one who needs addiction treatment. Your friends should also feel comfortable with this recovery center before agreeing on an extended period of rehab time there.
2. Talk to other patients
- Communicate with other patients: The best way to learn about a recovery center is by talking to people who have been there. Ask them about their experiences, treatment, and if they would recommend the place. If you know someone who has attended one of these centers before, ask how long they stayed at the center and what their experience was like.
- Make sure it’s a good fit for you: The most significant factor when choosing your recovery center should be whether or not it’s a good fit for your needs as an individual patient. Don’t just go with the first option because you think it might be better than nothing.
3. Find a convenient place for you and your family to visit
The location of the center, as well as its hours of operation, will have a significant effect on how frequently you can see your loved one during treatment. If this is an issue for you or your family member, select a center that provides easy access by public transportation or carpooling options. Additionally, if there are certain days or times when it would be easier for someone else in your family to drop off or pick up their loved one from treatment, choose an optimal day and time when everyone can fit into their schedule.
4. Make sure the program is comprehensive, covering all aspects of addiction recovery
When searching for a recovery center, you want to ensure the program is comprehensive and covers all aspects of addiction recovery. Look for a program that includes detox (if needed), counseling, and aftercare. In addition, it’s essential to find a program that includes family counseling to help family members understand addiction better and support their loved ones through treatment. Finally, look for a facility with a relapse prevention plan so that you can learn how to deal with triggers after going through treatment.
5. Look for a program with licensed medical professionals
When looking for a recovery center, finding one with licensed medical professionals is important. For example, look for a program with a medical director or other licensed physicians on site. In addition, search for centers with an on-site pharmacy and detox facility. Some addiction recovery centers offer various other services, such as individual and group therapy, medical care, nutritional counseling, and even yoga. You can consult your insurance provider to determine whether these services are covered under your plan.
Are you ready to get started with your recovery journey? Call us today at 866-963-7200 and talk to our counselors. They are available 24 hours a day. Also, you can comment below if you have additional questions about our services.